4 Percent – 7 Steps to Results In Life –
Step 6: Start Acting … Now!
Renowned painter Pablo Picasso once said, “Action is the foundational key to all success”.
So simple are his words, and, yet, so profound. If you want to succeed, you’ve got to get off your butt and start acting. Every high achiever will tell you that the secret to achieving something, anything, in life is to take action. No wonder it’s among the 7 steps to success and prosperity in life.
So, if it’s all that important, why do so many people neglect this one aspect?
Why People Don’t Take Action?
I think it could be because there’s nothing glamorous about taking action. It’s all sweat and hard work and there’s very little motivation to keep you going from one day to another.
Think about it. If you want to be a national level tennis player, you have to spend hours on the court. Be it rain, shine, hailstorm or Tsunami, you have to go through the grind of practicing every stroke a million times over till you’ve mastered it. At the end of the day, your feet are aching, your muscles are sore, and your body is begging you to stop. But you can’t. You’ve got to keep going.
Let me take another example – losing weight. When you’re dreaming about it and planning for it, there’s always a high level of anticipation and excitement. But when you start dieting and exercising, a lot of that euphoria wears off. Every day that dawns brings with it the somber choices, which you have to make with a heavy heart. No chocolates, no carbs, no bread, no donuts, no fizzy drinks, no sugar in your coffee, and no desserts. Every meal becomes a chore and you have to pass up offers of getting together for drinks with friends, because, of course, cocktails and mocktails are off your menu as well.
It’s quite depressing. There’s nothing fun or sexy about the daily grind. It’s the least glamorous thing you can imagine, and that’s why it’s so unappealing. That’s why people put off executing their plans, despite having every tiny detail in place.
What you need is motivation. You need to find ways, means, and rewards to fire yourself up. Here are a few tips that have always worked for me.
- Write down your most important goal and hang it up in places where it’s extremely visible. It should be staring at you when you wake up. It should serve as a reminder when you’re working. And it should be the last thing you see when you go to bed.
- If text doesn’t do anything for you, create a visual representation of your goal. Blow up a picture of yourself when you were thin and hang it up over your bed. Place a picture of your dream office on your desk to remind yourself of what you’re working towards.
- Keep inspiration handy. Read up about real life success stories. Find people who’ve accomplished similar goals and bookmark all these articles, blogs, podcasts, videos, etc. to motivate you whenever you’re feeling down.
- You’re not alone in your efforts. Find strength in numbers and surround yourself with like minded people. Join online groups or attend in person meet up to hang out with others who’ve got similar pursuits.
- Finally, avoid negative people. You’ll come across many who will scoff at your efforts, belittle your progress and, in general, tell you to give up because it’s of no use. You don’t need these naysayers in your life. Get rid of them.
Taking action is perhaps the hardest thing you will have to do, but it’s also the most crucial of the 7 steps to success. Like Newton says, “A body in motion remains in motion unless it is acted on by an external force.” I believe that external force is motivation.
So, do whatever it takes to motivate you – fear, punishment, reward, praise, scolding, pain, pleasure … whatever works for you have to get you working. There’s no way around this.
Will You Act Now?
Speaking of which, let me persuade you to take yet another action. Check out this 7 Steps to Results guide that I found extremely valuable. In fact, not just me, but hundreds and thousands of people all over the world took action, joined the group and are earning up to $ 65,000/- per month. Some even more.
Don’t you love money?
So many have reshaped their lives and written success stories that would inspire you.
Make sure you check out the 7 Steps to Results guide. It’s absolutely FREE and in a few clicks and next 15 minutes, you’ll be on your way to changing your life drastically.