Wondering how to generate leads on Instagram?
You have landed at the right place….
They say pictures speak a thousand words – what if they could generate hundreds of leads for your business?
Instagram is an immensely popular social media platform with over 600 million monthly active users. While it has become one of the most common ways for youngsters to pass time and share pictures with their circle, it’s also a valuable tool for your business. Apart from helping you engage with your audience, it can also help generate new leads for your brand.
But, how to get free leads on Instagram is probably a question that’s bugged you very often. What’s the trick to getting people flock to your account? How do you get them to respond to the call to action?
These are some questions that this article answers. However, before we start discussing strategies, I’m going to take a quick minute and explain the difference between owned and non-owned marketing lists.
Any audience or connections that you generate from social networking channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn, are considered non-owned lists. If any of these platforms were to shut down tomorrow, you’d lose your marketing lists.
It’s generally advisable for all online businesses to move their audience from non-owned social lists to owned lists (like the email list) as soon as possible. But how you do that is a different ball game and I will reserve that for a later post.
For now, let’s focus on how to get more leads on Instagram.
Before jumping willy-nilly into a lead generation campaign, ask yourself – Who is my ideal lead? That will lead you to identify things like where your lead is located, how they behave, what they like doing in their spare time, what kind of content engages them, and what prompts them to make a buy.
Once you have this figured out and have a comprehensive profile to work with, it’s much easier to target people on this platform and make conversions happen.
When your ideal lead lands up on your profile, they should immediately be able to identify you and figure out what they will gain just by looking at your profile. There are three ways you can do this:
- Consistent Branding: Your Instagram handle, photo and feel of content must speak directly to your lead. You should also keep your handle (company name) and profile photo/logo/headshot consistent across all social media platforms.
- Benefit Driven Description: I’ve seen too many companies go on and on and on about what they do, how they do it, what their core values are, and the guiding principles of their business. Sorry to be blunt about this, but your lead isn’t interested in you. They care about themselves and the problems you can solve or the outcomes you can help them achieve. So, give them vital information related to your business sprinkled generously with the benefits they stand to gain by choosing you.
- Call to Action: What do you want the leads to do when they arrive on your Instagram profile or post? Be extremely specific about your expectations and convey it to them in clear, simple terms, using phrases like “Double tap if you agree” or “Tag someone who needs to see this”. Let there be no ambiguity, because that often leads to confusion and your leads will move on to the next interesting picture on Instagram.
Now that your ideal lead has been profiled and your profile is optimized for lead generation, all you need is traffic. And here are some ways you can pull people to your Instagram account.
- Content: Your content should be directly related to what your target audience wants to consume. Posting at least once a day is important and consistency is crucial. Once you build an audience, they will start expecting you to put out content, and you don’t want to disappoint them.
- Reach Out: Hashtags on Instagram open doors to people who are interested in a particular topic. You can search for relevant hashtags on Instagram or use online tools like TagsForLikes to look for the right hashtags. While posting an image make sure to tag other accounts with a good number of followers, a crisp description and at least 2 to 3 relevant and popular hashtags.
- User-generated Content: Never say no to the idea of user-generated content. Based on your brand or product, your audience may want to share content with you for no cost at all and then go on to share with their friends who may also fit the profile of your ideal lead.
- Engage with your Leads: Liking the posts of your ideal leads, commenting on them, or following them will give you a lot of visibility with no significant cost and effort involved. Your audience, too, will feel that sense of kinship with you, when you start interacting with them and sharing their posts on your page.
- Contests & Campaigns: Holding contests is not a new strategy by any means, but it is one of the most effective ones out there. People love contests and they love to win things. It doesn’t have to be that you offer an exorbitant prize to make them happy. Make the campaign fun and interesting and have a few nice giveaways and you are bound to attract a lot of participants.
Any tip that tells you how to get leads on Instagram is incomplete, unless they tell you how to track results. That’s the only way you can monitor the success of your marketing campaign and calculate ROI. Some key metrics that must be tracked and optimized are given below:
– The number of clicks you received on your landing page through Instagram posts
– The conversion rate on your landing page
– The lifetime value of your customer obtained through Instagram
– Cost to acquire the customer through Instagram
Also, track other metrics like what time the post got maximum engagement, which post was more popular than the others, how many comments you’re receiving on an average, etc. You will soon be able to identify a pattern that you can capitalize on to boost engagement and generate leads for your business.
I hope I’ve managed to answer your query on how to generate leads on Instagram. Before I leave, I’ll say this – building audience takes time, generating leads will also take time, and there will be days when you will have to go back to the drawing board to refine your strategy. That’s okay. It’s all part of the marketing game. Once the leads start pouring in, you’ll realize that all your hard work wasn’t for nothing and you’re on your way to enjoying the fruits of your labor!
Before I wrap up this blog, I have a gift for you – it is 100% FREE. Please check out this 7 Steps to Results guide. It’s world-renowned and over hundred twenty thousand ordinary, average people have turned their lives around using the system.
Vick Strizheus, creator of this system and the high traffic academy speaks simply, but with authority, and walks his members through various stages of inviting prosperity into their lives. I have interacted with countless people who are now minting money thanks to the 7 Steps to Results guide. And they couldn’t be more thankful that they were introduced to it at some point of time in their lives. Once you are in the member’s area, you could also join the “Insta Traffic Mastery“
10 Modules show you how to conquer Instagram, designed by Tim Karsliyev – one of the global Instagram Influencers!
Find out all about “Insta Traffic Mastery” here.
So go ahead and take a look. It’s will only take 10-15 minutes, but the impact it has on your life will be long lasting. You’ll thank me later. Oh, and did I mention before that it’s absolutely free?
You’re out of excuses now, so click on the link below to check out the
7 Steps to Success guide – it is 100% FREE!.
See you back here soon!